Login | Register | FAQ
Anonymous

Can I link pages using notepad as my editor

+ Post a reply

7 posts Page 1 of 1

Can I link pages using notepad as my editor

by soetdenny » Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:15 pm

I want my webpage to load up in another page but the hyperlink takes me down the same page to view the context but i want it load on another page. My HTML code is written in Notepad.
your responce to be an inspiration.

thanks
Soetdenny

soetdenny

Re: Can I link pages using notepad as my editor

by lacroixz » Tue Dec 14, 2010 2:06 pm

Hello Soetdenny.

Using Notepad doesn't matter, u can code with every editing program.

--
To make a hyperlink use: <a href="example.html"> Example </a>
And if you want it to open in a new window use: <a href="example.html" target="_blank"> Example </a>

I hope I helped you out!

Kindly regards.

PS.
I recommend to use Notepad++ (it includes code highlighting)
Download link: http://notepad-plus-plus.org/release/5.8.5

lacroixz

by lordribble » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:56 am

yes. you should use notepad++. it is much easier to use for HTML

lordribble

by atik » Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:56 am

Using a normal text editor like notepad is not good practice for a web developer. You can use it while learning the html or other things. But when you come to the professional world, you must choose your own code editor. That may be like notepad++, etext edtor or so on. But i would recommend you to use an IDE like netbeans. It will help you in a lot of editing on not only html but also all available codes. Once you familiar with it, it will save you a lot of time.
You can get this IDE from here
http://netbeans.org/

atik

by danramosd » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:21 am

When it comes to an IDE it is all about personal preference. Not going to lie the first two responses you got were better than the third (atik)'s. I've been programming for over 14 years and have had my rounds with IDEs. I've seen MANY developers use Notepad++ and even just notepad. None of which are wrong or bad. For someone to say that a certain IDE is "bad practice" is plain ignorance. I can agree with atik that netbeans has more features, but refuse to say that it is a "better IDE", once again it comes down to personal preference. There are tons of IDE's out there and i recommend you try them all. Currently I find Sublime Text 2.0 to the best on the market for both windows and mac. Other than that, here are a list of other editors out there in no specific order textmate, coda, komodo, dreamweaver, notepad, notepad ++, netbeans, xCode, vim, emacs, and eclipse. If you still have questions i answer personal emails all the time at dan at danramosd | dot | com

danramosd

by chrisf1288 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:19 am

Ya, Notepad++ is great! I love Auto-completion and the FTP plugin! <3 (lol that's only exiting if you use PCs).

chrisf1288

by akashtablet » Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:26 pm

Netbeans is too bulky to write small snippets of codes. I will highly recommend you "komodo edit". Just use it once and you will never return to the awful interface of notepad++.

akashtablet

--
The computing and fun with click for Micromax fun book

+ Post a reply

Page 1 of 1