Login | Register | FAQ
Anonymous

Table help please

+ Post a reply

Page 1 of 1

Table help please

by nguyendothson » Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:36 am

Hello to everybody!
First of all, thanks to this website that helps a knowing-nothing-about-webcreation person like me can make a website myself!

Secondly, I need some advise today:
I am creating my own website:
http://www.songuyen.com
At the moment, there is only 2 pages.
When you click "english" from the homepage, you will enter to the page that I need help:
In ths page, as you can see, there is already a colum on your left (like a menu).
I would like to create a box on the right of this column so that when people click on every item in the left menu , it will show the results in the box on the right.
I tried with table but it doesn't really work.
Please advise if you know the case!
You will find in the attachment a drawing which shows how I would like the page to be shown.
Many thanks!!!

Attachments

1. img091.jpg (90.41 KiB) Downloaded 1715 times

nguyendothson

Re: Table help please

by HTML.net » Fri Sep 16, 2011 10:51 am

What you describe can be done with (i)frames (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_element#Frames). But it is no good usability- and SEO-wise.

Instead, I would recommend that you make a template (a simple HTML/CSS page) using CSS-columns (http://html.net/tutorials/css/lesson13.php) and the use this template for all your pages.

I hope it make sense.

- Andreas, HTML.net

HTML.net
Site Admin

--
Show some love for HTML.net on Twitter, Facebook and Google: Use the buttons on top of all pages.

by nguyendothson » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:02 pm

Hey Andeas!!!!! Yeahhhhhhhhhh! I've got it!!!!!!!! so happy!!!! Thank you sir!!!
Now, another question: how can I show the result from the left menu in this box and stay in this page (don't have to jump to other page for each result)
To be clearer: just the content in this box change everytime people click on the items on the left menu.
So excited now, I am almost done!!!!!
Really appriciate your help!
Sön

nguyendothson

by HTML.net » Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:14 pm

nguyendothson wrote:Now, another question: how can I show the result from the left menu in this box and stay in this page (don't have to jump to other page for each result)

Yes, you can do that with (i)frames (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTML_element#Frames). But I wouldn't recommend it. It makes your site difficult to navigate for "non-visual user agents" like search robots (can course bad ranking in Google etc.) and visually handicapped users.

- Andreas, HTML.net

HTML.net
Site Admin

--
Show some love for HTML.net on Twitter, Facebook and Google: Use the buttons on top of all pages.

by nguyendothson » Wed Sep 21, 2011 2:37 pm

Dear Andreas, and hello to everybody!
I finally finished my website!
www.songuyen.com
So happy and proud!!!
Thanks to Andreas and you all.

Just a small new question:
I will upload pictures in my site in each gallery.
They will all be in thumnails.
I would like to know:
1. when you click on 1 thumnail, there is a window with dark background appears and the you can click next to se the whole gallery. Hope you understand what I meant! This technique is very popular these day, I've seen everywhere!
2. Another technique will be: when you move your cursor over the the picture, there will be a small window appear next to it and showw details of the picture. If somebody know about this?

Thanks again

nguyendothson

by HTML.net » Wed Sep 21, 2011 5:27 pm

Hi Son,

The site looks very good!

Please create new topics for new questions. And please post links to the features you like. Then I promise to look at it.

- Andreas, HTML.net

HTML.net
Site Admin

--

+ Post a reply

Page 1 of 1