Login | Register | FAQ
Anonymous

I bought a domain.. now what?

+ Post a reply

Page 1 of 1

I bought a domain.. now what?

by kaelkael » Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:10 pm

Hello, I am new to your site. Must say the most helpful and well organized site I have found.

OK so I bought a domain from network solutions and I have downloaded FTP. I have started coding the site offline.
How do I upload my code? Im having trouble understanding connecting to ftp and how to proceed from here. Do I have to pay for web hosting just to upload?

Thanks for all your help!
Kael

kaelkael

Re: I bought a domain.. now what?

by XainPro » Fri Jun 29, 2012 11:09 am

Read these tutorials
http://www.siteground.com/tutorials/ftp/filezilla.htm

XainPro

by jamiesem » Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:09 pm

kaelkael wrote:Hello, I am new to your site. Must say the most helpful and well organized site I have found.

OK so I bought a domain from network solutions and I have downloaded FTP. I have started coding the site offline.
How do I upload my code? Im having trouble understanding connecting to ftp and how to proceed from here. Do I have to pay for web hosting just to upload?
Lawyer Marketing and attorney promotion services for lawyers and law firms across USA.
Thanks for all your help!
Kael

You need to log into your Network solutions hosting account and create FTP account. Once your FTP account is created, you can log into FTP Connection software like FILEZILLA.

Once you connect to the server, you can upload your website file as "index.html" / "index.php" or any other. Make sure it starts with index.[extenstion]

Last edited by jamiesem on Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jamiesem

by tauseefmaxx » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:31 pm

Hi 1st of all you need to download the Filezilla, is a software via which you communicate with your server from this link
(http://filezilla-project.org/download.php/),
and then you need to enter your website name, username, and password of your cpanel there is a field asking for port no leave that as it is, and click on " QUICK CONNECT ".
Now you are connected to the remote server I mean you have access to all the files on the server of your site and they are available on the right side of the FILE ZILLA's Window .
Now double click on the public_html folder.
Step no 1.
There will be a html/php file named index.php or index.html ,this is the page when a request for your site by anyone, is opened.
step no 2.
Now double click this file(index.html/index.php), it will be downloaded to your system(computer), now delete this file from the remote site.
step no 3.
Now open this file in any editor.
step no 4.
Now put your own code to this file.
step no 5.
Now access that file from the left side of your FILE ZILLA windows and double click this file(index.html)
this file will be uploaded to the remote server, which is your website .
now your website in the browser and you will see that the file edited by you is there . be happy.

Attachments

1. FileZilla_snap.PNG (157.39 KiB) Downloaded 648 times
    this a snap shot of the file zilla communicating with your website .

tauseefmaxx

+ Post a reply

Page 1 of 1