Login | Register | FAQ
Anonymous

css help newbie

+ Post a reply

Page 1 of 1

css help newbie

by autismmum6 » Wed May 15, 2013 6:53 pm

Hi everyone thanks for letting me join
I have looked on a few sites to try and learn CSS to be able to change my forum theme,
But they all assume i know basic html and i dont.
I have no idea how to even start .
I managed to change the font color with the help of another poster on a different forum.but i do not understand what all the code is and what I am changing.
I found a phbb theme i liked but am told it cannot be put on my forum which is ezblocks
I am finding it very difficult to get my head round the code,I have autism so please if you can explain things to me in simple terms so that i can understand,
Thanks again

autismmum6

Re: css help newbie

by PatoKirui » Wed May 15, 2013 8:09 pm

It seems yot wanna know how to do beautiful things at the WWW.
Yea, the truth is, the www page is created with the core language of HTML. This means you MUST learn it in order for you to perform better in your project. If you haven't, please take time, learn it (html) from this site http://html.net/tutorials/html/ . From there, your minds would be open and you will be in a better state of learning CSS which you can use to style your website. There is no way you can learn CSS Without learning html first. Why? Because you use css to style your html page! You can add decorations, backgrounds, floats, images etc.
Success as you take time learning html.

PatoKirui

Re: css help newbie

by 02geek » Thu May 16, 2013 12:31 pm

There are a lot of great resources out there for HTML your lucky as the basics of HTML are really easy much easier then CSS.

there are many free options online among them the w3cschools that has a great overview of HTML and i even have a free "getting started with HTML" video title - its not all inclusive but its a great starter to someone that never did any HTML before or is "scared" of it as i grab MY MOM to join me as i teach her HTML

you can find that title at http://smarturl.it/02html

i don't go into CSS at all in this title its really designed for totally new to the world of code people that want to learn it in a slow interactive pace in the speed my mom needs it to be to get it.

02geek

+ Post a reply

Page 1 of 1