Login | Register | FAQ
Anonymous

Please review my web hosting site

+ Post a reply

6 posts Page 1 of 1

Please review my web hosting site

by frank » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:40 pm

Hi,

I've create a site that reviews web hosting companies http://hostingsitesreviews.com. I'd like to get some feedback on content, usability, and design.

Thanks,

-Frank

frank

Re: Please review my web hosting site

by HTML.net » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:05 pm

Hi Frank

It looks good! Clear and focused design/content. But you are up against tough competition - there are lots of good web hosting sites out there - consider what could make your site unique. More content (articles) could be a good idea.

You use both in-line, internal and external CSS. Consider keep all CSS in an external stylesheet - it would make your life a lot easier.

Also, remember to validate: http://validator.w3.org/

All the best,

- Andreas, HTML.net

HTML.net
Site Admin

--
Show some love for HTML.net on Twitter, Facebook and Google: Use the buttons on top of all pages.

by frank » Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:57 pm

CubeSquare wrote:Hello Frank,

This website is amazing. The code and design are over my head, but I really like the clean look. When it comes to ranking a Hosting company, the number one criteria for me is Support. And the faster I can get that support, the better. Politely put, I need to speak to someone right now!
What I do not see on your website, is this idea of sticky-ness. Give me little mini tutorials about how to do things, including use your website as intuitive as it is. Provide me with a reason to return to your website as I do my research to choose a Host. First-timers have no idea how to do this research. They do not know what is important. They do not know about bandwith, storage, the cPanel, or Support. Unfortunately, most of this is learned the hard way. By giving this information to your visitors, your site will become "sticky" which is to say, they will come back again, and again, as they complete their research.
If you are smart enough to write this website, you are easily qualified to give back to the community what they want: Someone to point them in the right direction and ease them into making a good decision for themselves. Educate them, and they will love you!
A good example: http://www.boogiejack.com/hosting/choose-host.html

CubeSquare

Hi CubeSquare,

Thanks for your review! you've given lots of ideas to make the site more useful. I'll definitely look into providing more of a beginners' guide to web hosting on the site. I checked out your site also, you got some good e-books and tutorials in there!

- Frank

frank

by bhuvana » Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:07 am

thanks for the review..

bhuvana

by somneim » Tue Feb 15, 2011 4:34 pm

Wow mate... I have a friend and I undertook to help him to find some cheap web hosting company. I have been gone through a lot of searching and come across to your web site which I find very useful. Besides that wealready decide sign up with a good host provider, you also may check it and include it on your web site. It is one.com

somneim

by srroom » Thu Feb 23, 2012 3:20 pm

I am interested in starting my own website hosting review website. I see that you have started your website about one year ago and now it is doing very good both in the search engines and in the design section. I may have to reconsider investing my time and money in such a website seeing that competition is pretty fierce. Anyway, good job on your website. Regards!

srroom

+ Post a reply

Page 1 of 1