Login | Register | FAQ
Anonymous

Please review website

+ Post a reply

12 posts 1, 2

Please review website

by antman » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:22 pm

http://www.880ants.com I have become a top listing for my area but am trying to learn to better my site. so far I am limited to what go daddy offers and html seems really hard to learn any suggestions would be appreciated

antman

Re: Please review website

by HTML.net » Sun Mar 20, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi antman,

It looks like you have a good product! And the design of the website is nice. But your site needs some work.

Is the site made with a Go Daddy's editor? Because the code is a mess! I would recommend you learn basic HTML and CSS - you can learn for free here at the site: http://html.net/tutorials/ - and in a couple of weeks you will be able to make a much better site than you have. It is much much easier than you think!

Also, I hope you haven't paid for the SEO work? It looks very unprofessional. They have placed a link on your site - which good for them - but bad for you...

Again, the product and the design looks good. But I would recommend less text on the front page. And some more images on the site.

I hope you can use my input. And start learning basic HTML - I'll be happy to help if you have any questions.

All the best,

- Andreas, HTML.net

HTML.net
Site Admin

--
Show some love for HTML.net on Twitter, Facebook and Google: Use the buttons on top of all pages.

by HTML.net » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:21 am

http://www.google.com/webmasters/docs/s ... -guide.pdf

CubeSquare, that is an excellent document! Thanks for sharing.

- Andreas, HTML.net

HTML.net
Site Admin

--
Show some love for HTML.net on Twitter, Facebook and Google: Use the buttons on top of all pages.

by antman » Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:19 pm

Thanks so much for the replies. I had help with my meta tags didnt even realize they put a link on my page. That makes me mad. Thanks for pointing that out. I had pneumonia and darn near died. Nasty stuff, so just now following up on this. So I have another domain name I will try to re do sight. If I cannot catch on is there anybody that would be willing to build a site for me at a price thanks ken

antman

by handinthetub » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:06 am

Hey Antman,
Like the site, and the music is catchy. I don't know much about coding so I am going to comment on the aesthetics as I see it. Firstly, could there be a 5 or 10 second delay on the music once the buyer reaches the site, so they don't feel bombarded straight away. There is plenty to look at ie pictures once they get there. Secondly, I would reduce the size of the font of the list of features, use bold and dots, or even little ants, as bullet points. This will allow all of the features to fit on one page, rather than the viewer having to scroll down to see them all.
Hope this helps

Cheers

handinthetub

by antman » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:04 pm

Wow you guys are awesome. I am trying and I appreciate all the help. I feel like a new man. I have never been that sick before it scared me.

antman

by antman » Tue Mar 29, 2011 12:11 pm

Cube Square Thanks so much for your time and effort. I am trying to educate my self before moving forward. You are amazing and very generous to help strangers like this very impressed with this forum thanks Ken

antman

by B4L4KS » Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:09 am

hi

very good website

except the anoying ant soundtrack that is constantly playing and its a bit white, needs some darker colours to break up the colours.

all round then 8/10

B4L4KS

by crewman » Thu May 05, 2011 1:09 am

I would reduce the size of the font of the list of features, use bold and dots, or even little ants, as bullet points bali villas

Last edited by crewman on Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

crewman

by lovelyviki » Fri May 06, 2011 8:52 am

it is a good theme, i like it very much.
but i can not understand why you leave such a bog blank at the feet of your home page. it is a failure.
you can put more beautiful picture on it.

lovelyviki

+ Post a reply

1, 2