Login | Register | FAQ

How to Embed 3D model to website

+ Post a reply

2 posts Page 1 of 1

How to Embed 3D model to website

by veikkaur » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:43 am

Dear all, I am new here looking answer, or specifically guidance for a feature I have been trying to build for some time. Looking for tips where to look at. I would rather do a custom made code for minimum cost if possible for guy like me, or have a professional to help with the project for a compensation.

Can I myself make code string which embed rotating 3D model with textures on website?
Where to start looking? Java or Html perhaps?

Thanks for all assistance!

Re: How to Embed 3D model to website

by creswebs7 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 11:53 am

1. Firstly you will need to create an account, or log in to an existing account, on the 3D ContentCentral website.

2. You can search through the model library for a part you wish to use. Alternatively you can upload your own files if you want to show something that isn’t yet in the library.

3. To upload files click on the upload button at the top of the page.

You will then be asked to select a file(s) and to fill out some information about the part before uploading.

4. Once the part or assembly has been uploaded you will be able to see it in your portfolio (You may have to wait a few minutes for it to appear).

If you view the part in your portfolio you will see a box labelled ‘Embed this 3D Model in your Blog’ with the inline frame embed code below. This code will also be listed under models that are already uploaded to 3D ContentCentral by other users.

5. Copy this code and paste it into your website. For example here is the code used for the embedded model above:

<iframe id=”PreviewFrame3D” src=”http://www.3dcontentcentral.com/external-site-embed.aspx?format=3D&amp;catalogid=171&amp;modelid=700045&amp;width=250&amp;height=250&amp;edraw=true” name=”PreviewFrame3D” width=”900″ height=”300″ frameborder=”0″ scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen=”allowfullscreen”></iframe>

The size of the viewer can be controlled by the width and height figures in the code.

6. When you preview the webpage you will now see the interactive eDrawings window displaying your files.

As it uses the eDrawings Viewer, features like section and exploded views are included as well as support for configurations.

+ Post a reply

Page 1 of 1